Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will the average 4x10 fit in a Honda Civic Hatchback?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by marc40a, Apr 28, 2003.

1. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Will the average 4x10 fit in a Honda Civic Hatchback?

My car just got smashed up today and I'm considering suitable replacements.

2. IIRC, some people on here figured out how to get a double bass into a Civic hatchback. I think a 4x10 wouldn't be a problem, especially a smaller rear-ported unit like an Eden D-410T.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I can fit my Eden D410-XLT in the back seat of my '88 Accord. I can actually fit my whole rig and basses in the back seat. My friend has a Mustang that fits his SWR Goliath and Eden 2x10. I'd imagine it wouldn't be that hard to fit an average 4x10 into a civic hatch. There might not be much room for anything else though.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Man, you must be Houdini!
    ;)

I used to own a BMW 318i('84; similiar to your Accord).
    The only place I could fit my then-Eden D410-XLT was in the front passenger seat. I hadda recline the seat all the way, shove the cab in, & then move the seat as far forward as possible to keep it somewhat stable as I drove.
    This arrangement put my then-gal pal in the backseat directly behind me, bitching the whole way to & fro.

I like my Honda SUV...

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Just one 410? Heck, I can get a pair of 'em, my rack, two basses, another person, and various assorted smaller items (cymbal stands, etc.) in my Civic.

The trick is to get them in , then stand them UP on their sides...you can't see out the rear-view mirror too well, but you still have your side mirrors. :D

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...yeah, yeah, yeah.
    ;)

I forgot to say-
    My car was a 2-door; maybe a 4-door would do the trick.

7. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    Having a 4 door definatly helps,

I could get my Kustom tuck and Roll 2x15 in the back seat of my civic (until the former Mrs. X got it in the divorce:bawl: ) At least I still have the Kustom :cool: (Actually I think I came out ahead on that one)

8. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    My greatest feat- a double bass, my conklin 7, a sleeping bag, a suitcase, a 1x10 practice amp, and 2 people in a 2002 Toyota Celica. :D

9. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I can get my upright into my Civic. I always check these things out before I buy a car.

For the last few weeks, I've been hauling the following in my Civic: 1x15 cab, 1x10 cab, Carvin R1000 amp, mic stand, bag of effects and cords, a bass case, and a big, pneumatic wheel dolly in the passenger seat.

BTW, my Civic has 40,000 miles on it, and has never needed anything but oil changes.

10. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    I have a two door Civic, and I can get my 410 into the car, but it has to rest in the passenger seat. It will not go into the back seat easily, and it will not go into the truck at all. I am sure it would fit into my trunk if I had a hatchback though.

11. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Ahh but my Accord is a 4 door. I can fit another 4x10 in the front passenger seat and my guitarist's Marshall 4x12 and JCM900 in the trunk with a bit of room to spare if I wanted to.

12. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    My Accord only came with one:(

I make sure to have my cab behind the driver's seat so that I can still see stuff behind and to the right of me. I'm toast (or more like pancake) if I get into a front on collision.

13. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I put in the back of my rover 200 a Combo BXR 300 ( 1x15 ) my rig (4U) 2 basses in gig bags, my foot controlers, one passengers..

i'll say I can put and other 4x10 in...

14. I can get an old SVT, an Ampeg SVT410HLF (probably one of the biggest 410s), two basses and half a drum kit in my Civic hatchback with the seats down. So you've got no worries!