1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Will the Boss GT-10b fulfill my needs?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mgalat, Jan 2, 2012.

1. mgalat

mgalat

Dec 5, 2011
    I am looking for a tap-tempo delay, decent looper, and decent compression while being able to experiment with the seemingly infinite other sounds that the multi-fx offers. However, I am not interested if those aforementioned needs aren't met, or aren't met without a significant amount of tweaking.

Please let me know!

2. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    Lots of tweaking in the 10B. I didn't like the sounds. It was very flexible, but that flexibility didn't make it sound any better to me. then again I've never liked the Boss stuff. The Line 6 M9 might fit the bill.

3. X8X

X8X

Aug 30, 2011
    The GT-10B has all you mentioned, but you might want to try it out in a shop before buying it since its sound is perceived as too digital and sterile by some people. I have it and love it to bits, but it might not be your cup of tea tone-wise.

The looper on the GT-10B has 19 seconds stereo so there's plenty to record, but it does not have some of the more advanced functions that the stand-alone loopers (which cost a small fortune, though!) have (such as multiple tracks, transferring the recording on a PC, etc.), so you might want to read the manual to see if the on-board one offers all the functionality you need.

4. mgalat

mgalat

Dec 5, 2011
    Thanks for the advice. Music shops are pretty scarce where I am at so gear is hard to "try before you buy."

I have been looking into both the m9 and the gt-10b. I like the smaller size of the m9 and the ability to just adjust and play without reading a textbook.

I'll just have to see how it all works out.