1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Will the daisy chain cable for my TU-2...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jiant., Mar 28, 2006.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    ..power either the Big Muff or Small Stone pedals by EHX? It will power a Sansamp BDDI, right? Thanks guys and God Bless.

2. RobertUI

RobertUI Low Down Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    Depending upon the connector, you might need an adapter to use the daisy chain on the EHX stuff.

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I power my para driver from my NS-2. The PD = same as BD, and the NS = same as TU, in terms of adapter type. I think that the 9V EHX stuff is neg. center, same as the Boss...

4. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    I run my SABDDI off the boss daisy chain. I have a Small Clone and the adaptor is not compatable with Boss. I bought a 9v snap converter from Onespot (couldn't find one at radio shack) and took the battery cover off the small clone, snaped on the converter and it now runs off the boss pedal daisy chain.

5. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Where can I get one of those 9volt snap converters? Is Onespot an online retailer?

6. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    Here's the link to the manufacturer, you can order them there, or if there's a Sam Ash, Guitar Center or similar big box music store in your area they might carry them.

It's called the battery clip converter. I paid $2.50 for mine at a local music store.

http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm

7. glenn in NC

glenn in NC

Aug 18, 2005
    Ah! Here's what you want, and what I need too, made specifically for the EH pedals that need a positive tip 9v power supply, look on that link just below the battery snap picture:

"3.5mm (1/8") Converter (C35):
    * Allows the 1 SPOT and MC5 cable to power Electro-Harmonix, older DOD, and other pedals that require a positive tip 3.5mm (1/8") plug"

8. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Awesome, thanks a ton Glenn.