1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will this D.I. Effect set up work?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Matt Dead, May 9, 2010.

1. Matt Dead

Matt Dead

Jan 20, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    The reason I am doing this is because I am tired of using my MXR Bass D.I. running out to the PA with the tone on the pedal. My head has a really big effect on my tone combinded with the pedal and my D.I. output on my head sends no signal to the PA.
    So I was wondering if this would work.
    219qa11.
    If you are confused, this is what I am thinking on doing, but I want to make sure it will work.

I want to take the BBE DI-100X and run it through the Effects loop, since that is how a BBE sonic maximizer is suppose to be ran, and this is like that and a D.I. pedal in one.
    Then I would have my pedals just ran into my amp.

Since I am running the D.I. through the effects I have some questions.

1. Will this work at all.
    2. If it does work, will I get my effects from my pedals, AND my head?

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'll have to stare at this for a couple of minutes to fully grasp your idea, but first there are two things to point out: INput. And you should be able to answer your last question yourself, just by applying a little logic. The output of what is connected to the input of what? If the output of the effects is connected to the input of the device that feeds the PA signal, then you get effects in the PA.

3. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    OK, I get your idea now. Yes, it will work, and yes your effects will go to the PA. However, you need to find out whether the effects loop on the amp is "pre EQ" or "post EQ". Because most of the tone shaping of that head comes from the EQ, so if the loop is "pre EQ" then you would not get any of that EQ tone shaping in the PA signal.

4. Matt Dead

Matt Dead

Jan 20, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Well, I'm not sure on that. My XLR Out on my head says Post EQ below, would that include my effects loop?

5. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    RTM.

6. Matt Dead

Matt Dead

Jan 20, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Huh?

7. The_NoBody

The_NoBody

Apr 12, 2010
    Read the manual, i think.

8. Matt Dead

Matt Dead

Jan 20, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Bought it used. No manual. D:

9. I would think that you should use the line out instead of the tuner out for the signal to send thru the BB DI. That signal should give you the EQ sounds and the return would give you the benefits of the Sonic Maximizer circuit in your speakers.