Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

will this destroy an amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by d_rock211, May 6, 2002.

1. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    Basic electronics question about an amp:

Can I run the line out of one combo amp into the input of another without doing any damage? My buddy has a show coming up and only his Peavey TNT-115 to play out of. I was thinking we could run the line out into the input on my Kustom KBA100. Would this work?

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    You could try runing your amp in the effects loop of the TNT effects out (Pre power amp post preamp) into your input or staight into your effects loop therefore bypassing your pre amp and not adding any extra eq to the tnt.

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    you can run the direct out to the input, its the same as running out to the PA

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I agree with the Tayste feller....pre-out to power-in is a better idea. If you just go line out into input, you're going to also be using the EQ from the second amp, which will cause a difference in your sound. Pre-out to power-in will bypass the second amps EQ.

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    OMG can't believe some one agrees with me thanks.

The TNT is quite a powerful amp if you need more power than that churns out you should really be pluging into a P.A your running the risk of blowing it up if your pushing it at full volume and it's still not enough. Just be careful.

6. well i want a peavey tnt so i researched it well if u run out a another cab it will be 100 watts each and for small clubs i think thats pretty good power.

7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    sometimes you get some real cool mixed sounds though try it every way and see which fits you the best and sounds good. you could also dish out like 30 bucks and get an a/b/y box to hook up the two