Will this hurt my new ampeg??~??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Impulsee, Nov 21, 2003.

1. I was playing around on my 15 watt compgo practice crate amp, and i made areally cool noise. I took a boss DS-1, lowered the tone but maxed out the dist and and level, and then use my cry baby wah wah and put it at about mid range. I then took the knobs on my fender jazz and turned tone and the bridge pickup completely off, with the neck pickup at max. It gives a REALLY synth sounding distorted bass sound, its really sweet. Anyhoo, i'm getting a brand new ampeg stack soon. Svt-3pro head, 4x10 and a 1x15 cabs with it. If i start doing this goofy distortion crap with the ampeg...can it hurt it??~?? my one big thing is if i have an amp, it has to be 100% totally clean when i turn it loud. Because my motto is "if i want distortion or overdrive, ill buy a pedal". But will this hurt my amp/cab and make the sound quality ****ty??~? HELP... <3

- w00t

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I doubt you would have any problem except with your tweeters. Make sure you turn them off before playing distorted.
  3. :hyper: thanks for the reply :hyper:

- w00t :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Trust your ears, i dont have a distortion pedal, but i know id be very careful when i turn it on while i was playing at high volumes.

If the speakers sound like they are about to blow up, they probobly are, so back off on the master volume a little if thats the case.

Infact, im just thinking, it could be awkward to have to do that, mid song, so parheps, if you got an eq pedal, and put all the flat, but cut them all do a certain extent, this may give a decrease in voume. (any pedal guru's care to elaborate?)

What im saying it, you could run your amp at full power without distortion, then to distort, press both pedals, and you will be rockin on.....

you just need a small bit of wood over both teh pedals buttons to activate them both at the same time, something like what tim commerford from RATM uses on his Wah pedals.....

Hope that helped.....

EDIT: sorry im kinda drunk, just back from the bar, Tim is actually in Audioslve now...... DOH!