1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Will this rig do the job?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RyRob813, Sep 27, 2008.

1. RyRob813

RyRob813

Jun 7, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking about downsizing my rig; I need a much smaller set up with close or equal power due to location and transportation issues.

It looks like I'm going to be able to sell my gear for the price I want, and I'm thinking of getting a Markbass 1x12 combo amp:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Markbass-Mini-CMD-121P-1x12-Bass-Combo-Amp-103837134-i1395927.gc

and potentially getting another 2x10 cabinet to add to it.

I've heard a similar markbass cabinet before, and it was LOUD for how small it was. I'm mostly only going to be playing small to medium sized gigs, and I'll be going through the PA the majority of the time anyway, so I figure this amp should certainly do the job, especially if I had the extra 8 ohms and kick it up to 500 watts at 4.

If it all works out, I'll have even more power than I have now, contained in 30 pounds, and a nice profit as well;). I can't see the bad here; is my thinking correct?

Thanks!

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    There are a whole bunch of thread on the Markbass rigs. Try a Google search.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    You sound quite lucid to me. I'm not a shrink but I think you're okay.

It will sound a lot different than what you've been used to but once you get the hang of it it should work well as long as you like the Markbass sound.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've had one for almost a year and it absolutely does the job.

5. jdb

jdb

Jun 18, 2007
    probably on the road
    endorsing artist: ampeg, dimarzio, dean markley, jim dunlop
    if it works for you in a rehearsal setting, i.e., you can hear yourself amid drums, guitars, etc.. it will work for you onstage.

6. RyRob813

RyRob813

Jun 7, 2007
    St. Paul, MN
    Hey thanks guys, appreciate it!