Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

will this setup work??

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Jun 17, 2003.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ok kinda a long recording question so hold on to your hats. Ive always had a either a studio or little digital recorder at my disposal, but i decided to do it all through my computer so i wondered if this would work. Right now i have a very nice pentium 4 computer, a boss 532 digital recorder, a j-station, and a mini disk recorder. I want to buy a MIDI keyboard and a digital recording mixing card for my computer. Will all this work together. What i was gonna do it make my mini disk an out for my boss. The make my boss go into the recording card though the optical out also. I figured i could do guitar and bass recording through the digital recorder, then once its on my computer its no problem i have whatever software i will need. I also want to plug the midi keyboard through the card so i can do beats and such on that in cakewalk and fruity loops. Any suggestions on midi keyboard $200 or less and recording cards $200 or less would be appreciate, as would the best way to do this. SOrry it was so long but it needed to be answered thanks.