1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

will this work? A/B/Y pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by strke-fender, Mar 18, 2009.

1. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    hi everybody,

I'm looking for a cheap way to keep my non true bypass tuner out of my signal chain with out running a chord to the tuner out of my amp. (its just annoying)

so I'd like to run my signal through this and my tuner and be able to the tuner to tune in silence without the tuner being in the signal.

is this what i need?

thanks in advance.

http://www.ehx.com/products/switchblade

2. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Should work fine.
    When I was looking at ABY's though I found that some will give some graound hum. This shouldn't though.

3. That would work. If you're just doing A/B (silent tuning) pretty much any passive A/B pedal will do.

4. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    The Radial one was the best I had. I tried the all. No ground noise at all with the switch it had to kill it. Solid as a rock, small, and very nicely made. Cheap too. Honestly though, I could never tell the difference sonically with just going through the tuner and being done with it. On paper it seems like you shouldn't but will anyone notice?