will this work as a preamp???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Mar 26, 2005.

1. It will work, but I can't say how well. The level control will boost your signal into a power amp but I don't know if it is enough to drive a power amp fully. I use a rack mount EQ in a similar way and it is effective but I also use and Sansamp ADI to further shape my sound.
  2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    hmm, i was thinking in a BDDI, but how does it compares to the ADI?
  3. I haven't tried the BDDI so I can only describe the functional difference. I have heard from others that the base tone is the same.

The ADI has a mid level and a semi parametric mid shift for frequency center. THe BDDI does not.

The BDDI has a presence and a drive level for distortion. The ADI does not and stays clean all the time.
  4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    dude im trying to get a rackmounted amp, i already have the cabinet (behringer ba115), the poweramp (alto macro-830),
    and an ampworks bass as a preamp (wich sux as it), so can you tell me whats the config on your rack.

and BTW thx for all the answers to my latest posts in amps forum ;)
  5. I am currently running my bass into the Sansamp ADI, into a DOD rack mount equalizer, into a QSC USA900 power amp. Both the ADI and the EQ boost the signal going into the power amp. It does supply enough signal to fully drive my power amp.

If you happen to have a mixer around you could also use that for a preamp.
  6. I ran my SansAmp BDDI into my QSC PLX2402 last night and it worked great. I took the 1/4" out of the BDDI into the input of my power amp. The Sans amp works great as a pre.