Will this work fine and sound great???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Piezoman, May 22, 2003.

1. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I think I got it. I believe this is a great setup. I already know the amp is killer. but I'm not sure bout the avatars. Ive heard good stuff about them but never tried them.

The setup I am thinking about would be an

- SWR Workingmans 4004

I heard good stuff bout the avatars and the price is great man. Can I get sme ofyour opinions on this setup plz. I am not gigging but I need more power for practices. The 2x2 should giv me a great low sound and I need the 4x10 to punch out the guitar. How good is thissetup. Everythng shold come out to about 1000-1200 dollars. Is it worth it and is this a great setup for what I need? I play with a guitarist who has a 120 watt combo. I should get everything I need from this right?

If there is something better than the cab or hads or a completely diferent setup, plz feel free to ask. My price range would be about 1500 cuz I am looking to get this setup in mybe a few months after skule ends.
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    man if you have $1200, get an avatar 410, qsc rmx 1450 and a preamp (ampeg svp-pro or sans amp rack mount)

you will have up to 900 watts of headroom.

i do r&b and covers, nothing heavy. i don't think i play very lound on stage (the groups that i play with have large PA as well), in fact some even ask me to turn up my amp a little.

just my opinion, but the swr 4004 is a bit underpowered.

i would rather have headroom.

BTW, in case you are wondering why i recommended the above, just check my profile!!! :D

hope this helps and for the avatar, use the search feature - you will find tons of info, in fact, you will find tons on the qsc and ampeg
  3. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I dont think I need all that power but when I do, that is kinda my dream rig. I am well aware of that awesomeness cept I'd run through berg's but that will be when I have a fakin job ya know man. I am poor as hell. 13