Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will this work fine and sound great???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Piezoman, May 22, 2003.

1. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I think I got it. I believe this is a great setup. I already know the amp is killer. but I'm not sure bout the avatars. Ive heard good stuff about them but never tried them.

The setup I am thinking about would be an

- SWR Workingmans 4004

I heard good stuff bout the avatars and the price is great man. Can I get sme ofyour opinions on this setup plz. I am not gigging but I need more power for practices. The 2x2 should giv me a great low sound and I need the 4x10 to punch out the guitar. How good is thissetup. Everythng shold come out to about 1000-1200 dollars. Is it worth it and is this a great setup for what I need? I play with a guitarist who has a 120 watt combo. I should get everything I need from this right?

If there is something better than the cab or hads or a completely diferent setup, plz feel free to ask. My price range would be about 1500 cuz I am looking to get this setup in mybe a few months after skule ends.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    man if you have $1200, get an avatar 410, qsc rmx 1450 and a preamp (ampeg svp-pro or sans amp rack mount)

you will have up to 900 watts of headroom.

i do r&b and covers, nothing heavy. i don't think i play very lound on stage (the groups that i play with have large PA as well), in fact some even ask me to turn up my amp a little.

just my opinion, but the swr 4004 is a bit underpowered.

i would rather have headroom.

BTW, in case you are wondering why i recommended the above, just check my profile!!! :D

hope this helps and for the avatar, use the search feature - you will find tons of info, in fact, you will find tons on the qsc and ampeg

3. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I dont think I need all that power but when I do, that is kinda my dream rig. I am well aware of that awesomeness cept I'd run through berg's but that will be when I have a fakin job ya know man. I am poor as hell. 13

V,
    Eric