Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will this work?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BWhite220, May 9, 2004.

1. BWhite220

BWhite220

Sep 4, 2003
    NW Arkansas
    I have an Ibanez Ergodyne 4 string and I hate the tone coming out of it. I was thinking about puting some new pick ups in it maybe bartalinis, but my bands producer is saying that because my bass has that luthier body, EMGs and/or bartilinis won't make a difference. They are more for wooden body basses. Have you guys heard of this and/or do you have any suggestions?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    For What's It's Worth:

Never had an Ergodyne but there's a million of them out there. Someone on talkbass has bound to have swapped some pups out in one. That different pups would not sound different strikes me as being on the Twilight Zone side of bass playing. Not that they may not still suck, but they should sound different.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Pickups will change the sound. But how much is really gonna be the kicker. The only way to find out is to do it. And it's god a Luthite body. Luthier is someone who builds guitars/basses/etc. Just clearing that up.

FWIW, I put some EMG's in my cheap squier, and it made a huge difference!

4. BWhite220

BWhite220

Sep 4, 2003
    NW Arkansas
    I suppose I'll end up doing it then. I'll let you guys know what happens.

I never was very good at vocabulary or spelling :)