1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Will this work?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassJ725, Jul 7, 2004.

1. bassJ725

bassJ725

Jul 7, 2004
    :help: Ok this is it but i was wondering if I got a Ampeg SVT-4PRO which is 490 watts x 2/1200 (mono-bridged @ 4 Ohms) and used it with a Ampeg SVT-610HLF which is 1200 watts program handling and 600 watts RMS handling? :confused:

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Are you hoping to run bridged?

It should work fine (and be capable of stunning small mammels from a good distance :D ). Having 2x power isn't a bad thing as it gives you lots of head room.

I imagine your ears will bleed before you damage the cabinet. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

That would be a cool rig!!!!

BTW, make sure you have the correct speaker cable for bridging (if you need a special cable).

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I love it when we get realistic answers to these questions. BillyB is dead on the money. You succeed in putting max power into that cab and you better be standing a very good distance away from it.

4. bassJ725

bassJ725

Jul 7, 2004
    Thanks guys :bassist: but would it be any louder to put the Ampeg SVT-4PRO with the Ampeg SVT-810E which is a 2 x 8 Ohms 2 x 800 Watts Program handling and 2 x 400 Watts RMS handling. :help: