Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Will this work?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkasaurus, May 7, 2001.

1. funkasaurus

funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    If you read my other thread, you know that I just got a new amp to replace the practice amp I had been using before. So now I have a 2 month old mint Fender Frontman 15B amp collecting dust. Before I try to sell it, I was wondering if it could be used with a guit@r? I have a friend who's been playing acoustic for a while and his wife just bought him a beautiful custom Fender Strat. But she didn't know that you need an amp for electric guitars :rolleyes: Anyway, could he use my 15b for his guitar?

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Yes he could if..

He doesnt expect to sound like his fave player. If you lent it to him it would do him a favour until he could get a 'proper' set up (Vox AC15 and a Fulldrive 2 mmmmmmm)

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

He certainly won't hurt it. Bass amps are built to take the low freq's and can take more of a pounding than a guitar amp.

The drawback of the low freq thing is that he won't get any piercing highs out of it, or much in the way of highs, anyway. Old Fender Bassmans are prized by guitarists, but that's sort of an exception to the rule.

He'd probably like the sound of Top Hats or Bogners ;D

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    woah silmultaneous post-at least we didnt disagree.:)

5. funkasaurus

funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Cool. I just wanted to make sure the guitar wouldn't fry my amp or anything before we tried it out. Thanks.