1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

will warmoth pbass pickguards fit squier pbasses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by airrick, Apr 11, 2006.

1. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    as the title states, i am looking for a high quality black pickguard that i can put on by squier pbass, also, can i reuse the screws, or do i need to get warmoth pickguard screws?

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Worst comes to worst, if the screws don't match up, just drill a little hole in where the hole in the guard is, and just screw in the screw by hand (scr4ewdriver, not drill)

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I didn't think warmoth made pickguards....

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I thought that you were getting rid of your P bass...

5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Warmoth has pickguards, not sure how the holes would line up on a Squier.

6. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    http://www.warmoth.com/pickguards/pickguards.cfm?fuseaction=pickguards_p_bass

Yup! Nothing custom though.

Don't be surprised if the mounting screw holes do not line up. Be prepared to drill a hole or three. Also be prepared for the probability the shape may not be absolutely identical to your Squier P Bass. QC can vary wildly on import basses (not just Squier) and one pickguard from one bass may not fit another.

If you want an absolute match, Warmoth can sell you some blank pickguard material and you can cut your own using your existing one as a template.

Alternately, look at places like www.pickguardian.com for custom pickguards.

7. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    A few years ago I got a Warmoth pickguard for my Squier Pro-Tone P-Bass and it fit perfectly with no modifications. YMMV...

8. airrick

airrick

Dec 4, 2005
    still am, doing reasearch for a buddy (who buy coincidence is getting this very bass)