1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will you donate any of your organs after death - if not, why not?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fender32, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Yes, I would.

79 vote(s)
    82.3%
  2. No, I wouldn't.

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I haven't really decided yet.

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Mind your own damn business.

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :D Here's another cheery topic for you all to mull over, instead of practising your scales ;) .

Would you be willing to have any/specific organs/body parts removed from your body after death, if they were to be used to treat an illness in another living human being?

If so, have you actually made these wishes known to your next of kin and do you carry an organ donor card?

Or, do you have strong beliefs which prevent you from considering this kind of act?

Have you simply not ever really thought about it?

Would you like to donate organs, but feel that it might be too upsetting for your remaining relatives?

Do you think that this question is simply too personal and unsuitable for public debate?

Whatever your view, let's hear it please!? :)

(Thread topic copyright of \MM/inc. 2007) ;)

2. Yep, all for it. Only need to see it the other way around. eg my kid needed a kidney. Funny how circumstances changes opinions.

3. I'm an organ donor.

What ever doesn't get squished in my gruesome death is up for grabs.

My opinion, it would be selfish not too.

4. I would not. In all honesty, as selfish as it sounds, I'd kinda like to keep all my organs in life and in death. My understanding of it is, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that they can't even wait until you're officially dead, they have to take the organ out while its still in working order. Seriously, what the hell? If I'm dying, I want all my organs still intact.

5. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Wow, we're off to a philanthropically good start!

:D

6. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    OK, that's a very fair point, if it takes away a chance of living where there might be one, I could see how you wouldn't want that! :meh:

7. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    im not sure if i want to be buried or cremated yet...

8. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Your choice of course, Fontaine, but all I'll say is that I never heard of anyone being "cremated alive" ;) . At least, not for very long anyway :meh: .

9. We had a big promo here and now there is an increase of up to 50% donors. I think a lot of people will do it but don't get around to it.

When you see the survivors that have received their donation specially little kids it makes sense. Very compassionate. I felt a bit weird about it at first but when you give it more thought and see what it can do for someone in dire trouble it soon changes your mind.

10. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    hey man, I'm not gonna use em anymore, I'd rather they went to somebody who won't get a chance to live without em than having them rot in a hole six feet under.

If I could somehow have emotion after death, I'd feel terrible if I knew that a person died when an organ that I had no use for wasn't given to him.

11. Absolutely. If my organs can keep someone else alive... they can have them.

12. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    i just dont want to be stuck in the ground.

btw a bit of a heads up, hannover is a damn lot like hangover....hmmm

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm an organ donor who rides a donorcycle.

14. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    LMAO! :D

15. JNowiski

JNowiski

Jan 16, 2006
    Fayetteville/NC
    i plan on ruining everything in my body with alcohol, tobacco, fast food, and pretty much anything else. if they want it after that they can have it.

Kidding, eh, i don't really care if they use my organs. i'm listed as an organ donor...so they can have it.

16. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    If you become an organ donor can you change your mind later and take your name off the list?

17. !Rob!

!Rob!

Mar 2, 2007
    Ebay: One liver, slightly damaged, $1000 obo, must feed with beer...buyer must pay removal, shipping and install.

Buyer beware, no guarantees, or returns, must wait until host passes on, no help needed.

18. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    heh.. what can't ya find on ebay, I ask ya?

I saw a retired russian satellite for sale for about 500 grand.

19. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I always signed my card.
    There is no reason not to do it.
    At least for me.

20. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    sure, why not. take what they need and burn the rest.