1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will you guys listen to a track or two from my ska band's new album?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tegnoto89, Sep 22, 2010.

1. tegnoto89

tegnoto89

Dec 24, 2008
    Syracuse
    We're a ska band from Syracuse called 4 point 0. We just finished recording this CD at subcat studios. I don't actually play bass for this band, I'm the lead vocalist.:bag: Of the songs I'm posting I did the vocals for "Agoraphobia" and "I Don't Belong". I think I posted music on here when we recorded our first CD.

Anyway guys, feedback, criticism, anything and everything more than welcome! :-D

OH also our myspace address is myspace.com/4point0ny

2. tegnoto89

tegnoto89

Dec 24, 2008
    Syracuse
    Nobody?? :-(

3. Very Mad Caddies. I'm not really into that style. The only "skacore" I listen too these days is Blue Meanies and VGS. The recordings sound great. I hate that synthetic horn sound that a lot of bands had in the late 90's. The horn section sounds great and it really is a top notch recording. I am sure there are those out there that would skank to it. So what are you doing when you aren't on Vox? Please don't say dancer. :D

4. tegnoto89

tegnoto89

Dec 24, 2008
    Syracuse
    Thanks for listening man; yeah, depending on the show I'll play guitar and do some backups, but our bass player actually broke the guitar I play out, so the past show or two I've either been staying on just for vocals or just going off and getting a sip of water or listening to how the mix is sitting while they do their thing.

When I had just started out with them, I'd jump down and start skanking to get people going, but I don't really do that anymore.

But I really appreciate the feedback. :D

5. I dig it. I'd skank to it. Man, I LOVE ska music! Wish I could find a ska band to play in... Nothing but dumb cover bands in my town :(

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021