1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Will you trade this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badboy1984, May 1, 2010.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Will you try trade a Warwick Corvette 4 STD active + abit more for a the following?

- Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
    - Fender Precision Bass
    - Musicman Stingray

Can get the above bass in the shop for a decent price.

My main bass at the moment is Fender Classic 60 Jazz bass with J-Retro and Dimarzio pickup.

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    You're not allowed to do this here.

There's a classifieds section for trading and you must be a supporting member.

Expect this thread to be deleted.

3. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Is not a trade advert if I confuse you. I want to ask is it a good choice to trade the Warwick away thats all. I can get those bass in the shop and wanted some advice thats all.

4. nickbass79

nickbass79

Nov 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    I guess it depends if you like the sound, playability and construction better than your Warwick. I like my MM and my Jazz bass. You may be the exact opposite. If I were you I would play each of them a lot, then make the decision.

5. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    I wouldn't, but that's me. Do you like any of those other basses better than the Warwick?

6. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i really like a the musicman. geddy lee and p bass but i not play long enough to judge is it the bass for me to replace the warwick.

7. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    For me, a Getty Lee model is a glorified Jazz Bass with a Badass. Don't get me wrong, in Getty's hands he makes sound great. Everyone should own a Musicman

g

8. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I really like the musicman and the tone is actually what i really like, lots of growl and attack to the sound.

I really tempted to sell my warwick corvette 4 std active and my bass rig out just for the musicman.

9. I actually made this trade several years ago for a Geddy. Straight trade and the Geddy was much better bass for me. That's how I would go if I were doing it. Second choice would be for a Fender P, but only for an MIA.

10. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    You kinda right about that. After going though different bass from many years I like the basic better these days ....... No offensive to Warwick and i still love them etc but i jsut feel i could settle with a Fender Jazz and Precision instead. unless something different like musicman that you can only get the tone from a musicman bass. Otherwise i quite like the Geddy Lee because is passive jazz that sound completely different than my current Fender Jazz with J-Retro.

11. pmano

pmano

Aug 26, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I have a 5 string Warwick $$ Corvette and I have a 4 String American Standard Jazz bass (2008) with a Maple fretboard. I think the tones I get out of the Warwick are amazing and for some reason, every time I pick up the bass I get inspired to write very cool bass riffs. That being said, nothing is more comforting or easier to play, especially live than my Fender Jazz bass. If I could only keep one, it would be the Fender. The $$ is a really cool bass, I just don't feel it has the same mojo. You guys were talking about Music Man, I love the look of the Big Al. Have never played one and only heard the you tube demos.
    Anyone know anthing about this bass? White, with black pick guard and a maple fretboard looks absolutely killer.

12. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I won't loose alot of money on my warwick at least because i bought it second hand so a straight trade is good for me.

13. Edb

Edb

Feb 13, 2010
    St. Louis
    Keep the Warwick

14. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I gave my warwick another try yesterday and play on my Fender Jazz again. I definate want to keep my Jazz bass more than the warwick even tho the warwick sound pretty good.

nothing wrong with Warwick bass and the corvette i had but its just my bass taste change though out the year and the warwick no longer got the tone i wanted.

I definate will either get a Fender Precision (nthing better than having a P and J to cover most of the tone), Geddy Lee bass (feel and sound very good, also plain simple to use) or a musicman SR (always wanted one but i think i need more to trade than a Warwick for this).

15. mgauge

mgauge

Dec 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    seeing that I am a musicman fanatic, Id totally trade for a Ray..

16. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i may sound crazy but i think i might trade the warwick + my bass rig (consit of 2 ashdown cab and LM250) for a musicman.

or may sell the bass and the rig privately to fund the money for the MM.

17. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I was wondering why do some Active corvette is really cheap new and some Corvette is really expensive.

from £600 - £1000

Is it the cheap one is Made in Korean and the expensive one made in German?

18. pmano

pmano

Aug 26, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Yes, they also get really expensive when you have the Neck thru models. The better ones are made in Germany, their web site helps you track by serial number when and where they were manufactured. My $$ has the bell brass frets, the Ovangkol neck, NEC pick ups, a swamp ash body (the bubinga's are way heavier and I don't think they resonate as well). two 3 way coil tap switches to run the pick ups in series or paralell. I have to tell you one mistake I made that you should consider before you repeat it:
    I got a $$ for dirt cheap (a straight up trade for a $600 Fender Jaguar) and I sold it to make a quick couple of hundred dollars. Guess what, within 2 months I went out and bought an identical one. Not to say that I think it's better or as good as the American Jazz, it's just different and different is good. If you can afford it, keep both. WHen you go thru your phases as we all do, you'll go back to the Warwick. We're like old friends now and it has inspired me to write some kick ass bass riffs. Something about that bass. Records amazingly well too. Throaty growl. Beautiful. Live I prefer the Jazz. Practice and studio/ the Warwick. for me anyway.

19. pmano

pmano

Aug 26, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    PS- you have the bell brass frets? Try tapping with this MF- it is breathtaking. Sounds like a freaking bell! Duh! ?

20. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I just check my Warwick bass using the serial number. Is a year 2000 build in German Warwick Corvette. I also checked the price online with the exact same bass model now. Since my bass is active the cost is around £1000-1200