Willie got pinched in Breaux Bridge, LA...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by j-raj, Sep 18, 2006.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
  2. oh c'mon, it's Willie Nelson. shouldn't he just get a free pass on drugs at this point?

3. 1 1/2 pounds=misdemeanor?

Looks like he did get a free pass.

4. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Everyone's favorite here, Toby Keith:

"I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again"

I always heard that his herb was top shelf
    I just could not wait to find out for myself
    Don't knock it til' you tried it, Well I tried it my friend
    And I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

I learned a hard lesson in a small Texas town
    He fired up a fat boy and passed him around
    The last words that I spoke before they tucked me in
    Was I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
    My parties all over before it begins
    You can pour me some old whiskey river my friend
    But I'll never smoke weed with Willie again

I hopped on his old bus, the Honey Suckle Rose
    The party was Vegas it was after the show.
    Alone in the front lounge with just me and him,
    With one parting puff grim creeper set in.

Now we're passing the guitar and telling good jokes
    I know ones a-comin' cause I'm smelling smoke
    No I do not partake, I just let it pass by
    With a smile on my face and a great contact high

In the fetal position with drool on my chin
    I messed up and smoked weed with Willie again

5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    :smug:
    good point.

6. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Willie is a known toker on the verge of flaunting it, who get's busted with 1 1/2 pounds of weed and ounces of shrooms (both felonies in most states), and gets let go with a citation. Let's not forget that someone was probably driving under the influence too.

I doubt that a van full of college kids coming home from a concert would get the same benefit of the doubt if the cops smelled weed and found over a pound of green.

Either bust everyone, or no-one. Otherwise, the law is a joke.
    Oh, wait it's already a joke.

7. I'm for no one.

8. I wanna ride with Willie.

9. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I agree

If high profile folks who are constantly in the media get to break the law and puff with no repercussions, the regular guy should get to as well.

I just can't stand laws that are enforced selectively.

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Willie played my local theater a year or two ago. I had a big fantasy about getting to write him a dope ticket. Now I respect Willy's ability, especially songwriting, immensly, but damn, I could have started the mother of all threads here if I would have got to write Willy for demonweed!

11. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Why not?

Normally, I'd be afraid of riding around with a guy who had more than a pound of dope in the car. But, with Willie's get-out-of-jail-free card, there's no worries. Unless Cheezewiz was the cop.

I think it would be funny/ironic if Cheeze let me go with a stern warning, and then proceeded to frisk Willie while beating him over the head with a mag-lite.

12. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    I feel so much safer since the cops are making sure Willie Nelson isn't high... don't they have better things to be doing in Louisiana, more pressing issues?

13. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I do think it's crap that he only got a citation. Let that have been some dude in the hood, he's have been smacked down for intent to distribute or something like that (even though I'm sure nobody doubts that Willie would have easily smoked all of that by himself in no time) and hauled off to lockup.

Maybe the officer didn't have good judgement because he had a contact high as soon as the door opened.

If Willie and his crew are sliding down the highway all blunted up and end up smashing into someone that you know or love because their reflexes were smoked away with that last joint, would you feel the same way? Just curious...

14. I can tell you from first hand experience, having grown up in Lousy-ana, that they don't take ANY pot "bust" seriously unless it's HAY-YOU-GEE (think in tons, not pounds :eek: ), and the dealer in question is late on his payments.

;)

This does include everyone, as I know a certain musician that used to live near me, never drove anywhere, I used to give rides to regularly, always had a tobacco pipe in his mouth - filled with the "whacky" version, who happened to also be an official badge carrying honorary St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Deputy, gun and all.

I'd have to ask him to not smoke when I gave him a ride...

15. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG]

16. This was a State Trooper. His job is busting people on the highway. If it wasn't willie, it'd have been someone else because that's what he gets paid to do. What pressing issue are you referring to? If it's the hurricane and the recovery, get out a map and see how far he is from anything related to that. Officer Friendly only has so much within his power and jurisdiction and - surprise! pulling people over pretty much sums up the majority of it.

Mike

17. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

He should get the same treatment as anyone else.

That being said, I can think of few things more harmless than a stoned Willie Nelson. :p

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Man Jive..that'd be the mother of all TB threads, wouldn't it!?

19. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

FWIW, I think "Countryman" is one heck of an album. One of my favorite albums of the last 5 years or so.

20. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Santa Ana, Calif.
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I'm reminded of the episode of Monk where Adrian Monk, a former San Francisco PD detective played by Tony Shalhoub, and his assistant Sharona are visiting Willie on his tour bus. Monk smiles and says, "Hey, do you smell that?" Willie replies, "No I don't … and you don't either!"

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021