1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Willie Nelson Is Launching His Own Brand of Weed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Whousedtoplay, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
  2. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    lot of guys his age might be playin golf and hitting the sunset dinner specials , god bless willie.

3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    AFAIK, he is the only cat to smoke a beezy on the roof of the White House. A great man indeed.

47th Street and pacojas like this.
  4. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    :wacky: Willie Weed?!!
    sign me up

47th Street and tastybasslines like this.
  5. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    "Willie's Reserve"
    Sounds like a micro-brewery

47th Street likes this.
  6. You know, I never really wanted a product endorsement deal until just now.

7. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    What I think about this is, wait a minute, what were we talking about, again?

willbassyeah and Whousedtoplay like this.
  8. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Can't figure out why they haven't made Willie King of Texas - officially, that is.

9. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Mmmmm....Isn't smoking pot in Texas still treated as a felony? California boy here where it is no big deal.

10. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung They’s only two things that money can’t buy... Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    The quality of marijuana that would drive two, prominent Nashville singer songwriters to pen the gem "I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again"...:thumbsup:

Timmah likes this.
  11. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Yes and no. Small amounts are not a big deal. J don't know the cut off, but it isn't like it used to be. A Dallas stripper named Candy Barr got life in the late 50s for two joints

Stewie26 likes this.
  12. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    The Green Rush in Colorado is evolving rapidly as companies jockey for position in a young but high income industry. It's a bit like the 90s Dotcom boom. Branding is now the big thing because, when new markets open up, companies want to move in and be the Starbucks of weed. Bob Marley has his own weed Fine Cannabis Products & Accessories - Marley Natural. Silverpeak in Aspen, CO only caters to millionaires and billionaires Silverpeak.

So that's what I think Willie is doing. Capitalizing on the brand equity of his name and reputation. Or more likely, someone offered him a buttload of cash to use his name. Look at all the free PR they've already gotten before they've even introduced their products. No other company in the weed industry has gotten that kind of free PR. Not even Dixie Elixers.

13. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    a most likely scenario, willie's to busy still playin music to run a start up company.

14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I read that CO's weed decriminalization is still a mixed bag...please forgive the metaphor. Being that weed requires rules, regs, & licensing (RE: graft) which costs money + brick & mortar locales for regulatory inspections (graft-plus).

The (traditional) dealer suffers none of these complexities and their price is not affected by such things as gov't graft thus, they are still where one goes to get product at market prices...resulting in the gov't bummed that revenues have not cascaded in like a Rocky Mountain avalanche.

Good luck Willie. Just pay your fees and try not to be a loss leader.

15. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Don't you guys listen to Clutch? Everybody knows Willie Nelson only smokes killer weed.