1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Willie Weeks "Everything Is Everything"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by wellshuxley, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Does anyone have a scanned transcription of Willie Weeks' solo in Donny Hathaway's "Everything Is Everything" on hand?

"Little Ghetto Boy" (also from DH's Live album) is transcribed in the current issue of Bass Player Magazine, and the article mentions an "Everything Is Everything" transcription in the March '05 BP.

Thanks in advance!

2. Not to totally change the subject. Where can you find the recording.
    I've looked on Itunes and Amazon
    Neither has it.
    Sorry, back to the topic

3. I'm not sure where to find it online. They have it at my local record shop in Nashville. I bet you could bit torrent it if you're unable to find the album elsewhere

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
  5. babaseen

babaseen The "elusive" BJFE Blueberry is for sale Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Does anyone have a mp3 of Everything is Everything live version. Please pm me if you are so kind.
    Thanks!

6. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I am also looking for an MP3. I'd love to hear it.
    Sadly, the Amazon link (above) is a different version of the live album, and is missing that crucial song.

7. if you go to grooveshark you can listen to donny hathaway's everything is everything ( live ) with willie weeks solo. the songs can't be downloaded but you can listen to cd quality here and make a favorites list with it and other tunes. the interesting thing is you can go to any computer and put in your password and user name and retirieve your favorites list. good for work etc.

8. There's also this:

9. Does anyone have a scanned transcription of Willie Weeks' "Little Ghetto Boy" (also from DH's Live album)

10. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Very cool-thank you!!! This is, IMHO, one of the greatest bass solos of all time!!! Go head on, Willie!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

11. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    A few members in this thread had asked where to get this song, so I pm'd them with a link to get it. Well I just got a pm from a mod about it, saying that I was reported for spamming. My sincere apologies, I was only trying to help out some people that asked where to get the song, and you can rest assured that it will never happen again.

12. Does Anyone have a link to little gettho boys