Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Willie Weeks...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bassman blue, Aug 2, 2005.

1. just wondering if anyone has the "donny hathaway's live" cd, with willie week's voices inside bass solo? i can't find it to download, and am wondering if it's worth searching the cd out and buying it? thanks.

2. Usually that tune is referred to as Everything is Everything. Might be tough to find out there to download. The CD is definately worth buying.

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    if you have Rhapsody, they have a 12 track live album....

4. The only live Hathaway CD I found is called "These Songs For You Live," I'ts becoming one of my favorite cd's. I think the one with "everything eveything" is going to be released later in the year.

5. daveonbass

daveonbass

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, Hofner, Rotosound
    I have the CD, the bass solo is awesome, worth getting for sure!

Several used copies available under $12 at Half.com: http://www.half.ebay.com/

$8.99 at ToneVendor.com: http://www.tonevendor.com/item/13194

:D

6. I found my copy on Amazon. I believe that it's an import. Find it and buy it!

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    The shorter version, "Donny Hathaway Live" - used to be an import, I paid something like $30 for it......a couple of months later, B & N and Borders started selling if for $14!

The longer version I just found on Rhapsody....

8. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    The bass player for Taj Mahal gave me a copy when I saw him at Pete Skjold's shop. Amazing disc, and PM sent to original poster with an mp3 :)

9. thanks to everyone. great people y'all, eh? ;) just listened to it...thanks juneau, awesome sound clilp. i'll be purchasing the cd now. regards,

10. Didn't Willie Weeks play for Joe Walsh on Funk #49?

~Ryan