1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Wilson Pick-Up for sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Brian K, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Brian K

Brian K Supporting Member

May 21, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Wilson Excellent Sound Pick-Up System

US$425 shipped, or $550 including the bridge it's in with metal adjusters. I think the bridge will have enough foot left to match many basses.

A great pick-up, lots of volume without feedback, bows better than most. It came with my bass, and is the only one I've ever used. Great for balancing an instrument, because each string's output can be adjusted independantly. The bass will be posted for sale here in a few days, along with pictures of the pick-up.

"I think that the sound production of this pick-up is the closest one can possibly get to the paradox of an `amplified acoustic double bass`! The WILSON Pick-up is the best transducer for double bass I have ever seen and heard. An Excellent offer to the bass players who want their sound amplified but tolerate absolutely no distortion of their music. I can warmly recommend the WILSON Pick-up system".

- Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen, DK

The WILSON Pick-up for double bass gives a very realistic reproduction of the acoustic sound and is simply the best I have ever used. The same has been said by the great sound engineers Rudy van Gelder and David Baker, when they recorded me on several recent albums directly from the Pick-up. I highly recommend the WILSON Pick-up.

- George Mraz, USA