Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Windows version of WillPlay4Food's Musical Scale Program

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kiwlm, Feb 3, 2005.

1. A while ago someone someone asked if this program could be ported to the windows platform.

Here's my humble attempt, I just managed to do 10% the functionality of the original program as of now, will try to move up to at least 80-90% once I figure out more things from the original program.

http://www.geocities.com/kiwlm/scale.html

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Hey cool! I think so, anyway.

Do you have questions on how I coded things? Just to give you an idea, I used modulo math to generate the scales. Since the musical notes go from Ab through G# (enharmonically speaking) then start over at Ab again, this is the perfect use for modulo math.

I haven't touched my code since shortly after Halloween, but I've commented it enough (for me) that I can jump back into it quite easily.

So please, if you have any questions at all, just ask and I'll try to help.

3. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
  4. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I just want to say that I'm flattered at the interest in my program. :) It feels good to write software that people want.

5. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    that program is pretty cool. has there been any upgrades to it yet?

6. Just added notes with accidentals as the root note, so now you can do Ab Major and C# Major.

Added Play support as well.

:hyper: