wine gallery gig..

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by tucker, Jan 13, 2002.

1. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    yo. sorry but im kinda excited, my band and i played at a wine place, kinda like a coffe shop, so we played and there were like 10 people. but anways we played for two hours and at the end we looked on the floor and saw a bowl of 20 and 10 and 5 and 1. it was pretty cool, unexpeccted but cool. it was our first gig in front of people we didnt know. like to randomw people walking in and out, and people stayed. So it as great exp.

we made $215, for two hours. they invited us back every other week, and we are now like the "house band", he said he would pay us to come and play but they want us back, the guy said there are usually alot more people but hey we did pretty damn well and any people liked us. just letting you all know that.

we split the dough between the 3 of us but my drmmer needed bongos so the nex day i went with him to the music store and payed for a brand new set of LP bongos. Now we can play anywhere where they dont accept drums. I figured it was a good part on me. a great investment. and i played om my SWR Workingman 210' they kicked ass. they got the low end i wanted, the growly mids, and the sweet crisp clear highs. I as grooving away. WE played our own rendidtion of Watchtower, and i had a mean bad ass bass solo, it was like classical/spanish/gypsy/rock bass solo with the Victor Wooten slap style. It was bad ass. I got many compliments. but i have to go. Ill tell you how we do later on, peace
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Kinda nice, that fuzzy feeling you get when they ask you to come back! My band does house gigs at a local place. It'a a nice feeling to be able to have a gig whenever you need/want one.
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Coffee house good. Wine cellar better.
  4. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    That's great, but I'm curious about the solo. Did you use an Eventide effects pedal, or sneak in any Joe Satriani at all?