Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Wingspan: Hits & History"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Blackbird, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think I've found the best post Beatles McCartney compilation ever. I loved "All the Best", but this 2 disc set contains all of ATB and then some. One CD contains the obvious hits, like "Band on the Run", "Silly Love Songs", my favorite "No More Lonely Nights", etc, while "History"contains all sorts of curious goodies, like "The Rockestra Theme", "Let Me Roll It", "Maybe I'm Amazed" and more. Both CDs contain 40(!) tracks.

Just a heads up.

[​IMG]

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Thanks for the heads up. I will consider this CD, but there are so many others I want, that I don't know if this is actually one of those that eventually will end up in my CD player.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It's good, but lacking. here's a lot of great post-"Press To Play" that's missing. I love Paul's Wal 5 string work (and songs) on "Flowers In The Dirt" and "Off The Ground" for instance. Not to mention "Flaming Pie" which is one of his best albums. There's too much great stuff missing, but I guess he'd need to release a 4 disc set. :)

4. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    "WINGSPAN 2" in the future???

5. zack01

zack01

Aug 3, 2002
    ok wingspan is a great Cd but if you want to buy good albums by Sir Mccartney start with Please please me and then and Pauls solo album i have to say his bass playing is incredible good and On his last album Driving Rain he stills proves that he is one of the best on bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so stopp buy those best of Cds buy The Beatles and Mccartneys original albums instead then you can hear how he really sings and play and not only famous songs.................