WinISD doesnt work on my PC - can someone do a check for me?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HotTubesGrooves, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Hi guys,

I was thinking of going for some Eminance Beta 10s to replace the speakers in my 2x10 BA210 behringer cab after they blew out. The cab is about 119 litres volume (4.2 cubic feet), unported (although there is a rectangular opening at the bottom of the cab, I dont know how big however).

Thanks in advance!
  2. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    you can use winisd ONLINE- it streams (?) and doesnt need to be loaded onto your comp. I use a mac (gasp) and cannt load WinPro. i use the online version instead.

I loaded the Win Pro version to my otgher comp (PC) and its phenominal. a terrific, EASY to use program with a wealth of info if you konw how to use/ interpret it.

The rectangle box at the bottom is most probablly a port (without seeing it, but it sounds like one). the slot port is just like a round port. You can use the program (winpro) to do it for you.

I will give it a try now, and see what i get for you. maybe somone else is faster and will post.
  3. I tried the online one but it doesnt work for me - the only internet access I have is at work and the security policy prevents any scripts running properly. Although the temperature converter worked oddly - not much use for this though! :)
  4. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    2 betas 10 in your ber cab (roughly 2.7 ft3 internal volume... i approximated) gives you an f3 of about 65, if you tune it to 43 hz.

ideally, you will give it double to triple that vol, and therefopre have an f3 of 40 to 45 hz.

someone else will give you a better answer. this is a start. i have to go to work now.
  5. Thanks for that, I appriciate your time. I guess betas would fare better in a larger cab then. Damn, there isnt much choice in the UK besides Eminence and Celestion and Celestion dont make 16ohm drivers.

I've read from searching that the Gamma and Delta drivers dont fare so well with bass guitar, I guess they would suffer from the same problem as the betas anyway huh?
  6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Betas should be fine in your cab and likely would be a lot better than the original drivers. An f3 of 60 Hz or so is better than most 2x10s. You say that the cab is sealed but that there is a rectangular opening. That sounds like a port to me. You do need to be sure of the box tuning, you don't want it higher than 50 Hz or so. Neither Gammas nor Deltas are appropriate for bass.
  7. How can I work out the box tuning? The only specs Behringer provide are the dimensions of the cab. If I were to measure the port size would I be able to ascertain the tuning somehow? :confused:
  8. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

If you measure the port width and depth someone here can run the port size in Win ISD and tell you what the theoretical tuning would be with the Betas. Or if you already have the new speakers installed, you can measure the actual tuning of your box yourself, which is a good idea anyway when doing mods or new speaker construction.
  9. Right, will measure tonight if I get a chance. Bloody PC, would be much easier if it would just run WinISD for me...