Winter Break cut short because of lack of certain religion

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thinking of you, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. although this wasn't today, yesterday, or recently, i just thought about it today.

The little neighbor kid next door is in middle school. Right after winter break, the principal walked into each advisory and asked who still belives in Saint Niclolas, A jolly fellow who brings presents to children on December 25. Only 1 person raised their hand, (don't ask, i wasn't there). The principal then said that the Winter Break might be shortened for that reason.
    I am personally offended because I do not celebrate Christmas, and neither do alot of students in her school. I'm not trying to be rude to those who do, but should time be taken away from families to get together for a while just because their child was lied to and finally realized it or that the religion they practice doesn't have a person giving them presents while they sleep?
    It would be okay if time was take away from vacation because they needed to lengthen the school year, or time was being taken away from someplace else and they needed to replace it, but because of a mystical creature?
    I do not fully understand Santa, and if I left something out please tell me, but does anybody else think that this is even just a little unfair to Hebrews, Athiests, Wiccens, Muslims, and any other religion that doesn't celebrate Christmas?
    Please reply, and if this thread gets closed because it is about religion or something, please PM me. I can't get this off of my mind.
  2. BTTT, or whatever u say to make it go to the first spot.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'd very much like to leave this open, but it's both religious and political.

If one of the other mods thinks it's ok, they can reopen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.