Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WINTER NAMM '05 GET TOGETHER

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by adam on bass, Oct 19, 2004.

1. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Who wants to start? I know of at least three TB'ers that are going including myself. We should get together and at least s.t.s. I can get a rehearsal space for an evening in San Dimas which is not far from Anaheim if people want to throw down.

Start posting what nights are better for people and we'll start narrowing it down. I'll find out how much it will cost for renting amps and the space for an evening. I am flying from Oregon so bringing mine would be tough.

I will try my connections to try to get some DEMO stuff donated by some companies and make it really cool.

Let's hear it.

2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    San Dimas is close for me. Let me know.

Slug

3. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm probably driving down from Santa Cruz and I can bring some stuff. Most likely my new Schroeder 1212 and one of my Mesa D-180s (and/or my M-2000). I'll also bring down my Rick Turner bass as I'm not sure he'll be there.

It'll at least be something for us to play out of :bassist:

4. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I am going to try to get a couple of my buddies with stuff to show. I am bringing a couple of my Spectors. I have a call into the studio to see if they'll donate time.

5. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I am only a couple of hours north of Anahiem and would love to go and also go to a GTG, however I lost my connection for NAMM badges and wasn't able to attend last years show. If there is anyone here who can help me get a pass I would gladly pay whatever fee it takes to get one. If anyone has the connections to make it happen please PM me. :bassist:

6. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I'll see what I can do. If you don't go to NAMM it doesn't mean you can't got to the GTG. It's an open invitation. I just figured more people will be around that weekend.

7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Sounds like fun. I'm in!

8. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Yeah I know it isn't a requirement I would just really love to go this year. I have become much more into "Boutique" gear in the past few years so NAMM would be a much more exciting thing now than it was the last time I was there (2 shows ago when I was working for GC). Any :help: you can give me in getting a pass will be very apreciated. :hyper:

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'll be at the show. this gtg sounds like fun. :hyper:

10. Rick Turner

Rick Turner Commercial User

Jul 14, 2004
    I design and build electric basses and pickups under the Turner, Renaissance, and Electroline brand names.
    I'll be there with a 10 x 10 section of the Seymour Duncan/Bass Lines/D-TAR booth. I'll have Renaissances, Electrolines, and a bunch of other stuff.

11. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I'll be there. Perhaps I can "show" some of the new EA gear

Mike

12. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I am going to set-up a kinda check-in thing on one of my websites and get a list together and start my push for the rehearsal space. I'll post the link when I get it built. This is going to be fun.

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i may be going... cousin can get passes. he owns a music store here

14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    05' NAMM will be incredible. last year was pretty good, but i know i will have a hell of a lot more fun this next time.

15. I am also planning on being there and look forward to meeting you guys.