Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wire less problems

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by steve-o, Dec 16, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ok ok..i bought the cheap samson.

but if the cable from the pack moves it goes crazy..or if the pack is hit it starts with alot of static...and crazy noises..

now is this something that i have to live with because it is cheap...or should i go get it replaced..ill upgrade if i go back

steve

2. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I believe you answered your own question: "ok ok..i bought the cheap samson."

You might try duct taping the cord so it doesn't move. I made a padded transmittor case (old camera case filled with foam rubber) for my Shure transmittor to protect it. BTW, I've never experienced any problems with my Shure wireless. If you like going wireless, buy a better unit.

3. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Shure is good stuff. I just got one last week and it lasted the weekend, so it must be top quality. I highly recommend Shure.

4. The Shure is very good. I've got one I'm thinking about parting with if you're interested, but it's probably the best you can do outside of the X-Wire

5. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    "and it lasted the weekend, so it must be top quality. I highly recommend Shure." FOTFL

My unit has gone a bit longer, 3 years and counting
    :D

6. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    The current Samson Airline range has none of those problems. There is no cable to worry about, as the transmitter is a "bug" that inserts directly into your jack socket. I've gigged mine solidly for a year and a half with a variety of active and passive basses, large and small venues, indoors and outdoors, with none of the problems you described.

Since yours has a "cable" (unlike the Samson Ariline range) I assume its an old model that you purchased used. Sounds like you bought a dodgy unit.

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    its brand new..

im going to take it back sat..and see what they say

thanks
    steve

8. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    I've used Samsom wireless for guitars, bass, microphones and lavaliere mic's. I've had hit and miss problems with them (mostly due to others handling them improperly). It sounds like you have a faulty unit. I've had a few repaired and they came back working great. But if you have a choice I would upgrade. The unit 'Aussie Mark' has sounds great. I haven't had a chance to check one out yet. Shure is a good, solid unit and works well on the road. Good luck with your quest.

9. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    Anything with a cable automatically has a weak link, because it is moving all the time and has connections at both ends to worry about. The Airline "bug" concept is great because it removes the potential for a dodgy cable, because the jack plug is actually part of the transmitter ...
    Samson Airline

10. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    How can you call something wireless if it has wires? Kind of like eating seedless Pecans?

11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    its wireless to the amp.....:rolleyes:

theres a little wire about say 3 or 4ins to go from the bass to the pack

steve