wire too thin??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bplayerofdoom, Feb 1, 2003.

  1. bplayerofdoom


    Aug 6, 2002
    I'm wiring my new pickups for 18v. The second battery plug i bought i noticed later has thiner wires then the battery plug that came with the pick up. I was wondering if thats ok or could it be too thin to carry the 18v or what ever goes through em. I dont really know thats why im asking. Im talking about the second 9v battery plug i bought that goes in between the first batttery and the pickups.
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

    BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

    Sep 7, 2000
    It's current through the wire that causes heating not the voltage involved. The current involved will be very, very small and you needn't worry. Technically the copper wire could be smaller but it would be way too fragile.

    Don't worry, be happy!!!