Wire tour!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, Aug 31, 2002.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Just a heads up to all that listen to Wire. Punk, Post Punk, EMO etc.

Wire is doing a short tour in September in the states!
  2. Elastica should support...

or be their roadies:D
  3. Wire is playing a show here in minneapolis, but it's 21+...the bastards! anyways, out of curiousity, i picked up "154" a few weeks ago. unfortunately, i've had a lot of problems getting into it. i listen to a lot of artsy bands and i'm into some very unaccessible music, but "154" just comes off as too new-wavey to me. i found a lot of the songs to be just corny and mellodramatic, if those are the right words. i'll keep giving it more listens and i'm sure it'll warm up on me at least some, i guess i was just expecting something else. maybe i should've started with "pink flag" as my first wire listen?...

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Pink flag is definetly a different vibe. Much more punk, very short songs. 154 is good, at some point you'll be like, "this album rocks" Its one of the albums that doesnt grab you right away.
  5. Hey! Thanks odie. I live in SD, I just might just head on down to the Casbah Saturday night.
    Bestest_bassist, I think that Wire's 154 was there best stuff. ..I wouldn't call it "new wave" at all, it's a dark but wonderful work of art. I bought the record when it came out in 79 and I just bought the CD, The CD I bought is slightly different than the UK pressing record. they left out a song or two and added some others.... 154 was Wire at their best.. and sounds nothing like their previous or later work...my favorite songs on 154 are Single K.O, A Mutual Friend and 40 Versoins.
    What other band are you listening to that you consider "artsy bands"?