1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wired In-ear question

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG] - NEW!' started by Puni, Apr 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Puni

Puni

Jun 12, 2007
    Madrid
    Hello,

Last gig I had issues listening myself live on stage so I´ve decided to find a solution. My idea is to use a device this way: bass connected to the device, and from the device 2 outputs: 1 for headphones with volume knob and another one to the bass amplifier. It has to be a small device so I can put it on my belt or on on the bass strap, and have the chance to use batteries to avoid a power cable hanging on stage.
    The 2 options I dig by preference are these:
    ART Pro Audio
    ART Pro Audio

The first one I see the input is a Mic Input, not instrument, so I don´t know if it would work.
    The second one maybe is a bit too big/heavy for the use I need.

Any experience/recommendation/alternative?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  2. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    The Behringer P-1 does just that. And it’s inexpensive. Downside is that, even though it has a belt attachment thingy, it’s a bit too clunky to really keep on your belt. I’d think about putting it in the floor and running a longer extension cable to the IEMs. Behringer PM-1 might also work but it has fewer inputs and controls.

I used wired IEMs in my last band, we tried that option but ended up using the ART HeadAmp 6 since the whole band wanted that same capability.

Puni likes this.
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Puni likes this.
  4. Puni

Puni

Jun 12, 2007
    Madrid
    Thanks for your comments. Regarding the 2 units you mention above, in the Behringer P1 I don't see any output, only the headphones...how do you output to the bass amp? The second unit looks great but seems a bit expensive and doesn't have option to use batteries for what I read, so none of them would fit I guess.

5. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    You connect to your amp normally and then run an XLR from your amp direct out to the P1. In this setup you would only be hearing the bass in the headphones. Ideally you would run your direct out from your amp into the PA and then run a second XLR from the PA monitor out into the P1. You can then adjust your monitor mix as needed. If your amp doesn't have a direct out, you would have to mic your cabinet.

Our drummer and keyboard player use these since they don't move around on stage. If you plan on moving at all you should look into wireless.

Puni likes this.
  6. Puni

Puni

Jun 12, 2007
    Madrid
    Ok I understand now, that would be an alternate option but I use to move a lot, that´s way I want to avoid more than 1 cable going from "me" to the amp.
    I´ll use that way if I my first idea doesn´t work, but hasn´t anobody tried or have any experience on the first setup I propose?

Thanks for all your inputs, you are giving me more ideas anyway if my first option cannot be used.