Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wireless advice / information help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TxBass, Apr 28, 2003.

1. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I have searched all the wireless threads, read most of the info posted...and still have some questions for you folks.
    I have put off a purchase of a wireless system because I'm nervous about getting one that deteriorates my low notes and because I'm poor:D

well...finally I think I have enough to try and get something.

I've read that Munji likes the Shure UT and it covers all freq's well.
    Petebass and cheesewiz have Samson Airline Bass and it appears to work well too

my question is that I see this Nady URR10 thing which is rackmounted, and seems to have the same freq range as the others(or close) and can be had for about $190. Does anyone own it or have REAL experience with it?

Any other info on the 3 systems would be appreciated. I'm in the under $350 catagory for price.

thanks for any input!:)

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Disclaimer - I didn't say my Samson was perfect. The companding algorithm is pretty good considering the price of the unit, but it doesn't sound the same as a lead. The difference is barely noticable until I start slapping - It seems to compress the pops. Nothing I can't adjust with EQ though.

I really want to try the Sennhieser digital unit.....

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Pete-thanks for the disclaimer info...I just don't want to get something that's gonna be hissing and dropping off every time I hit a low "D".

I guess nobody owns this Nady thing cause you can't find reviews on it and it must be bad news cause the price has continued to drop. I thought these folks had made wireless units for a while with success? maybe not.

4. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    TX, I PMd you about a great deal on the Sennheiser.

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    gracious!

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    What about me?????
    :)

7. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    Me,TOO! (please?)

8. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    Thanks, rumblethumb!

9. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Hi gang. Here is the URL for the Sennheiser Wireless.
    http://www.northernsound.net/Sales/specialsframe.html

I must add an addendum though. In todays TBL someone wrote that when they got one of these units home, and read the specs, the unit supposedly only goes down to 60 Hz. :eek: I must admit that I have an older VHF Shure TD guitarist that I use with my 5 string, and my geezer ears can't hear enough difference to a regular cord to make a difference to me. YMMV

Anyone here who has a Sennheiser care to chime in?

10. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    that's some good info to know if it's true...
    I've read some strange reviews on this thing(the Sennheiser)---several have been glowing, giving it thumbs up all around, then I've read some that say it has no sound and is horrible. Granted everyone has opinions on gear they test/buy, but I expect some consistency. The Shure UT seems to get consistent reviews, as does the Airline Bass.

any TBers with comments on the Sennheiser would be cool. I've read some in a search I did. Any new info?