Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wireless channel interference

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fatrhino, Jul 8, 2002.

1. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    OK... I've searched and searched and found two wireless systems in price range: the shure UT and Samson 32 synth. The Shure goes down to 20Hz and the Samson only goes to I think 50Hz. I use a four string. The Samson has 32 selectable frequencies and the Shure only has one. You see my problem? Do I really need selectable frequencies? help me out!

Thanks

2. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    I refused to believe all of you outspoken folks have no infomation or opinions on this subject. ;)

3. you do need those selectable frequencies. just incase your guitar player gets one that uses the same frequencies you use...

Plus there could also be something in the room like a handheld wireless mic or something at the placeyour playin at the runs on the same frequencies.. more is always better when it comes to frequencies.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    HOWEVER, you absolutely DO NOT want a unit with an audio frequency range that goes down to only 50 hz. Your low E string is 40 hz. Frankly, you don't need those selectable frequencies either, as long as you make sure whoever buys the second and third units gets a different frequency. We run four one-channel UHF units (two Audio-Teknika [not mine]and two Shure UT) in our band and we have absolutely no problems.

If the Shure UT defines your price range, that's what you want. Samson blows. Really.

5. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    Thanks.

"Samson blows. Really." Munjibunga, I've always admired your blunt opinions. So I guess me and my guitarist just have to coordinate our frequencies. I think he has a VHF unit... hahaha silly guitarists.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If he's on VHF, you have no worries with any UHF frequency. Guitars are less finicky about wireless.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thats because they work in the wimpy frequency range that any ol' piece of poo wireless can handle.

Its us bassist that demand the good stuff.

Basically Im agreeing with Munji, go with the low frequency range and make sure the guitarist (or anyone else) doenst work on the same frequency range as you.

Peace
    Nick

8. mpapi

mpapi

Sep 9, 2001
    Hamilton, NJ
    I have a Shure UT also and it works like a champ.....
    I tried a Samson and it sounded horrible.
    Just my 2 cents.

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    look around and try to find a used x-wire...oh dear lord...