Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wireless for bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sabo, May 18, 2003.

1. Sabo

Sabo

May 18, 2003
    I have tried many different wireless setups with my bass and rig all of them seem to cut my sound quality. I play a warwick corvette pro(active pickups), through and ampeg svt4pro along with 2 hlf 4x10. If you have any suggestions please post them!

Also I have tried audio technia wireless, samson, shure ( uhf guitarist) and a few others...

thanks
    Sabo

2. This is the best on the planet, as far as I know.

X-Wire

Reviews

3. Sabo

Sabo

May 18, 2003
    yea, im going to have to get xwire, no other option....

4. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I second that. X-wire hands down. If you can find one get one. If you find two let me know I will buy a spare.

The second alternative is the Sennheiser digital 1,000 This is Sennheiser's attempt at an x-wire. (some of the same technology) but not quite an x-wire. They sell for about $300.00 at my local G.C.

5. What would be the next best option if someone couldn't get a Digital 1000 (they don't sell them in oz!). They only sennheiser wireless stuff I can get is the EW series, Nothing from SennheiserUSA

6. I just got my airline in the mail today!!!! I'll tell you how it works this weekend on the giging run!

Tests at home conclude that it kicks ass!

7. DRN

DRN

Mar 17, 2002
    Las Vegas
    I have heard Munji mention that he is very happy with his Shure U-14 (or something like that)
    I tried one and it was good but still robbed a little tone. Definately the third best I tried.