Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless for your effects board

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by natrab, Oct 8, 2005.

1. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I've been contemplating this for a little while. I'm thinking of buying a second wireless system to get my effects unwired from my amp. I'd have one wireless box on the board (which would actually give me more range out in front of the stage if I decide to run out there on smaller gigs). Granted, they would still need a power cord out to the board, but that could run from offstage so it didn't cross my "jumparound" area. That would mean no cables between my amp and the front of the stage.

Has anybody tried this? And is it worth it? I'm thinking of getting one of those digital sennheisers that can be had for a couple hundred bucks (and are the closest things you can get to an Xwire nowadays).

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That seems like a bit much to me. If I wanted extra distance, I'd get 2 DI's and run a single XLR if I was running any kind of extended link. YOu could also put duct tape on the cord to tie it down, so even if you do happen to step on it, it's not going to go anywhere.

3. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I'd bag it because you're tethered by the power cable anyways. There'd also be more battery issues unless you're using an an adaptor for the wireless transmitter to the amp. Gain level and frequency trouble shooting would be also be more complicated.