Wireless help.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Oct 15, 2003.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've borrowed a Shure wireless system (UT14 The Guitarist) from a friend who is selling it to see if it will handle my basses fairly well. My active instruments seem to overdrive it pretty bad. I've tried 3 different active basses, 4 and 5 strings, 1 active electric guitar, and 2 acoustics with active electronics. All of them overdrive it. It works just fine with passive instruments, but I don't play my passive basses much at all anymore. I've adjusted the gain and all that on the wireless itself as much as I can, but that doesn't help much to remedy the problem.
    Have any of you had this problem before? Is there anything else that can be done to solve this, or do I just hold out until I can afford a better wireless?
  2. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    There should be an attenuation switch on the transmitter/belt pack. It may be a switch or a rotary dial. Some units can be adjusted inside the battery pack. Also be sure you have a fresh battery.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My UT has a 20 dB attenuation switch right on the transmitter.
  4. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    With mine I have to turn the gain knob on the transmitter down all the way to make it work.