1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wireless help.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Oct 15, 2003.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've borrowed a Shure wireless system (UT14 The Guitarist) from a friend who is selling it to see if it will handle my basses fairly well. My active instruments seem to overdrive it pretty bad. I've tried 3 different active basses, 4 and 5 strings, 1 active electric guitar, and 2 acoustics with active electronics. All of them overdrive it. It works just fine with passive instruments, but I don't play my passive basses much at all anymore. I've adjusted the gain and all that on the wireless itself as much as I can, but that doesn't help much to remedy the problem.
    Have any of you had this problem before? Is there anything else that can be done to solve this, or do I just hold out until I can afford a better wireless?

2. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    There should be an attenuation switch on the transmitter/belt pack. It may be a switch or a rotary dial. Some units can be adjusted inside the battery pack. Also be sure you have a fresh battery.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My UT has a 20 dB attenuation switch right on the transmitter.

4. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    With mine I have to turn the gain knob on the transmitter down all the way to make it work.