1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wireless Mic Systems

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PNS128, Mar 6, 2008.

1. PNS128

PNS128

Dec 28, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Alright. If my band already has 2 (or 3) very capable mics (Shure SM58) and we would like to go wireless with at least one, whats a good course of action? all the ones i can find currently seem to come with mics. are the transmitters detatchable from the mic they come with? can it fit on our mics?? any help is greatly appreciated

2. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    There are transmitter packs available which plug into regular mic's but they tend to be more expensive than just getting an all-in-one mic with built in transmitter. They're a single unit, and aren't detatchabe.

If you really want to hang on to your mic's you could go with a guitar transmitter/belt pack. Most of these have mini-xlr's as inputs, you so you can get an xlr-minixlr adaptor cable, and plug a mic in to the guitar transmitter. It's up to you if you think this is an appropriate solution (I think it looks OK - you still have a cable, but just running to your belt, so you can't trip over it). I've done this as a backup/experiment, and it works fine.

Ian