Wireless Noise with my Ampeg Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slappy444, Feb 7, 2004.

1. slappy444

Feb 7, 2004
    :help: I am using a Samson Airline wireless for my bass that I like a lot. When I use it with a Peavy head I have it works perfect, but when I use it with my Ampeg BR4 head, which I prefer to use, I get all kind of staticy noise coming out while I am playing. I know the BR4 is know for boing a little noisey, but I'd really like to keep this combo going. Any suggestions? Do you think some type of a noise gate would eliminate the annoying static?

2. I have run wireless for many years and have never encountered this particular problem. Do a few different things and see if you can narrow it down:

1. Try a cable with the Ampeg and see if it still does it. If it does then the input jack on your amp is most likely dirty or in need of replacement.

2. Try changing the battery in your wireless transmitter.

Check these two things and see if it gets you anywhere. To be honest, I'm a little stumped. I have had some odd things happen with wireless over the years (usually with cheaper models) but this is a new one to me. Hope this helps!
  3. slappy444

Feb 7, 2004
    Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately, I've tried both. If I run a cable direct, no noise and I have tried changing batteries. The cable would make me think there's a problem with the wireless device, but then it works fine on the other head. I'm confused. Thanks for the suggestions though!
  4. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    either a knob or a pot that you use a little screwdriver to adjust the signal to noise? Might try adjusting that and see what happens. I have a B4r and use it with a Shure wireless with no problem at all.