1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wireless on board messes with a pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by G On Bass, Dec 17, 2018.

1. I have a pedal board with a G30 wireless on it. Been using it for years issue free. Board is powered by a power supply without isolated outputs. I got a custom overdrive pedal made and here is what happens when cabled as described:
    - G30>Custom pedal = Noise/static. Not useable
    - G30>Ampeg Scrambler>Custom pedal = no static, but loud pops when turning the custom pedal on/off
    - No G30 - Everything works great. Silent operation

Any ideas?

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Have you tried isolated power supplies?

Is the wireless powered with the pedals, too?

3. I have not yet sprung for isolated power supplies. Yes, the pedals were all powered with the G30.

4. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    Pops are fairly common with true bypass pedals. Try the pedal by itself with an amp and see if you still get the pops.

Here is a related article: Wireless on board messes with a pedal

Using a power supply with isolated outputs and quality interconnect cables often eliminates such gremlins, but there are no guarantees...some pedals just don't like each other. You may have to run a buffer between the custom pedal and G30.