wireless or cabled????????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by wasserluft, Jul 31, 2000.

1. wasserluft

Jul 18, 2000
    Please help me out on this !
    I purchased a wireless system and the sound is pretty good !The problem is i used it 5 times live ,in the sound check everything worked out great but during the show in all the 5 times i lost my signal and i had to be DIed at the spot (Not very nice co´s all the times i lost my stage sound and played to the very end w/ no conditions what so ever!
    And it is very hard for me to play w/ a cable co´s somehow i keep beeing wound up like a cocoon !
    My wirwless is a shure . Is it good or should i get another brand !!!
  2. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    wow, this is horrible news. i just bought a wireless, a samson uhf. is your shure a uhf or a vhf? did you get it new or used? what did you pay for it?
  3. lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    From what I've heard and read about wireless systems, your sound quality will suffer, and i guess reliability also. I was thinking of getting one for a laugh, but as i don't really need one......
    The only REALLY good one is the one used by Phill Lesh, which is XWire, I think it's digital. However it probably costs big bucks!
    Other than that you might just have to calm down on stage!

4. I don't know what the problem is with your wireless. If it's one of those VHF one's , i have heard people say they can lose signal if you move to far to one side. I always play live with my Nady 201 wireless that i bought in 1990 and is still going strong. I've had to replace the power cable on it 3 times over the years, and once i had to send it back to Nady for repairs cuz it was making a weird rattling/hissing sound on every note i played. Other than that, it has worked great for me and i never lose any signal. I honestly believe i get a better tone with my wireless than a cable. I know alot of people say different. It does give my rig a different sound, but when i do use a cable, my stuff just sounds muddier to me and i don't have as much volume either. I have to turn up the amp a bit when i use a cable. Trent
  5. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Supposedly the Xwire system is incredible. But it is also very expensive (~$700-$800). Victor Wooten uses one and so do a lot of others. It is supposed to have great range and sometimes "better" sound than a cable. I would love to get one, but it's a little out of my price range.

6. spending $700-$800 on a wireless system... I dunno, I think it´s kinda dumb.. no disrespect but you can buy a good bass for that money or ca. 100 cables!!

The only thing I can see would be really cool for a wireless unit is to be free to jump around... :)