1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wireless Over Ear Headphones

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Slimbeaux, Feb 5, 2018.

1. When I play live I use a Shure SLX wireless because I hate tripping over cables. When I play at home I run everything, iPad, Computer, Keyboard, and Bass through my mixer and use headphones most of the time. Looking to get rid of my cabled headphones which sound great. Tried the Sennheiser RS 135 but way too much RF interference. Don't mind picking up a Bluetooth transmitter but I got to have something that sounds good. The last thread I found was from 2014 and wonder if there are any new suggestions. Looking for over the ear if possible. Thanks all, I appreciate any insight you can give. Slim

2. Ulf_Hansson

Ulf_Hansson

Apr 15, 2014
    Before buying, do yourself a favor and search for Bluetooth IEM on the forum. As you intend to play the bass through the phones, you need to be aware that there is a huge latency in all (currently available) BT protocols.

3. +1
    Bluetooth is not suitable for practice headphones.

You could pickup a wireless monitor system for several hundred dollars, but for home use, I'd recommend just going to a Best Buy and finding a TV wireless headphone system that uses plug in headphones. Then you can use your good headphones with it and probably spend less that $50.

It will have interference and the lows won't be great, but they should be fine for just practicing by yourself.

If you are serious about no interference and good sound reproduction, you'll have to bit the bullet and spend the money on a true IEM system.

4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Way too much latency in Bluetooth.

5. Yeah, found that out. Glad I didn't spend a bunch of money to do it; $34. But Hey it was worth a shot. Stick with the cord I guess. Thanks for the help. Slim

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    You may be OK with bluetooth but you better try it.
    Some people can train themselves for latency. Anybody who plays a musical instrument deals with it.

But look for klearnet headphone technology it is better than bluetooth.
    FM is sometimes noisy, and you have to be close.
    WiFi is getting crowded