Wireless Problems- Audio Technica

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BayStateBass, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Hoping someone here could help me.

I borrowed an Audio Technica ATW-R250 wireless system from a friend for an upcoming show where the band I'm subbing for would like me to be more "mobile". Only problem is, I can't get it to work with my bass for some reason.

I set everything up according to the directions, put a fresh battery in the transmitter because it was dead. When I plug everything in and turn it on, I get absolutely no sound through the amp.

-The receiver power light is on, the light is on showing that an RF signal is present.
    -The transmitter light is on, showing power at the transmitter.
    -When I plug in the 1/4" transmitter cable to my instrument jack, nothing.
    -I adjusted the input controls inside the transmitter. Nothing.
    -I turned the output volume up all the way on the receiver. Nothing.

When I disconnect the system and plug into an instrument cable like normal, everything works 100%, no problems.

Normally, I might think that something is broken, although the receiver shows the presence of power and an RF signal. But....a couple weeks ago a guitarist friend was showing me this snazzy new cable he bought that has some sort of lock on it so once it's inserted into the jack it has to be released to be pulled back out. When I tried it on my bass, it didn't work. No signal to the amp. Plugged my own cable back in, and everything was fine. As far as cables, I have 3 or so that I use with different amps and all work fine, so I don't think I have a jack problem.

Am I missing something here? I looked at the cable tips for my regular cables and the A-T wireless and they look the same, same length, same diameter, etc...

If it makes a difference, bass is a Carvin SB5000 W/active preamp. Amp is a Carvin BX250, set for active input. Turning off the active preamp (running passive) made no difference, either. I have used the amp with the active switch on while the bass is set to passive (forgot to flip it over), and the amp still works, just at a reduced volume level.

Thoughts?

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021