Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WIRELESS QUESTION

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Aug 31, 2004.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    Whats the best wireless for the money? I dont have 500$ dollars to blow, cause if i did id buy another cab. I want one that will hold up with me moving around. Need help ASAP, must buy one this weekend for future GIG! thanks!!!

2. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    I just bught a Shure model. It was 300 through Musicians Friend. So far no problems with it.

3. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    what about that AKG WMS40GB Guitar Bug Wireless System. My buddy has one that he said he'd sell for 150$-$175. he used it a couple of times before he quit playing bass to take up drums. sound good, any negative feedback from that AKG model?

4. Razor is selling his Samson Airline Bass Wireless here on Talkbass. I have the same unit, and it's sweet because the receiver is pedal-sized. If you have pedals, you can put this on your board, wire it up with your power supply or power it with a 9 volt.

I move around ALOT onstage, so I put a 1/4" coupling on the 'bug' ran a 3' cable to it from my bass and stuck the bug in my pocket. Great reception, and I've walked all around bars during soundcheck with mine. Soundguys are always stoked to see me by their board giving my input as to how I think I should sound.

Ps. Razor is a great guy...I sold my Mesa amp to him and he was a great buyer.

5. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA

The guitarbug one works well, just remember to get the true diversity receiver. Just a shameless plug, I'm selling mine for $200 if you want it.

Otherwise, the new Sennheiser Evolution G2 series is good. (that's what I use now)

6. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    that AKG wireless with the bug is selling for 175 on ebay from a music store. all factory sealed. If you guys go any lower illl think about it, but these are new.

7. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA
    I have this one. It's the model up from the one on eBay.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--AKGWMS40DVGB

The one on eBay isn't that good. Our church uses them, and they suck. You want the dual diversity wireless. My offer still stands. It's much better then that one. Remember, wireless systems are pretty much a 'you get what you pay for' deal.

8. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    all i got to spare is maybe 175-185 with shipping

9. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I've got the AKG WR2000(Guitar Center's version of the WMS-80). Haven't gigged with it yet, but walked down the block with it without losing reception and it's got 15 selectable channels on it.

10. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    Nady URR10 doesn't look bad for 139.95? any comments?

11. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    NADY URR10 or Samson VHF TD (little nice than the stage 55). Price range is $10 difference? and the nady comes rack mountable. anyone think the samson is the better deal?

12. Colonel_Claypoo

Colonel_Claypoo Steve Harris nut

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    can anybody tell me if it's possible to use a wireless system like the AKG WMS40PRO FLEXX SIMULTANEOUSLY for your instrument's signal as well as in ear monitoring if you've got two transmitters?

thanks

13. Colonel_Claypoo

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    bump.

no ideas? i mean pro use wireless for instruments and in ear all the time. do i really need two units for that?

thanks.

14. Treva

Treva

Jan 26, 2009
    Brazil
    I have a nady uhf-3 and it's awesome.
    I walked along my street and till 150 meters no noises.
    [​IMG]

15. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  16. ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

MIJ-VI - no idea if the guitar one works for bass. Probably. I'm not sure if the frequency response is the same. Should be, though.

Colonel Claypoo - Most pros I've watched do, in fact, have two units. One for IEM and one for instruments. Watch Metallica vids on Youtube and each guitar will have a transmitter attached to the strap (since they change guitars all the time) and they'll normally keep their IEM receiver in their pocket.

Keeping them separate means more guitars and a modular approach is more reliable.

But, I hear what you're saying, and I'm not sure if there are any units that have can do both. Problem is; the IEM rack unit is a transmitter, whereas the Guitar wireless rack unit is a receiver.

17. Colonel_Claypoo

Oct 24, 2007
    Germany
    thanks,

with all the time that has passed by, i found some time to test a few units. i love the freedom but found that in ear systems that cost less than ~500$ don't deliver a very good sound.

18. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Check out the wireless X2 units from Line 6. For the money, they are the best I've ever tried. They don't color the sound and they don't cut out as the note dies out. They're very clean sounding.

19. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Thanks for responding Mo'Phat. :)

BTW. 'DO A SEARCH!!!' often results in turning up a 'ZOMBIE THREAD!!!' ;)