Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lostcausebass, Dec 21, 2002.

1. lostcausebass

Oct 29, 2002
    I assume most of you know a lot about electronics...most of you are very knowledgable. I posted a mirror of this in miscellaneous.

I was looking to buy a wireless system. I was wondering...I have a wireless system (lavalier) already, that I don't use. I wanted to see if I could patch in my bass's signal in place of the mic on the transmitter pack, thus having a bass wireless system? or am i being cheap? or both?
  2. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    I doubt that you will harm the wireless but There may be some frequency issues. The lavelier wireless is probably pretty broad band while a normal bass wireless is tuned to the lower bass frequencies.

Then there is the impedences of the bass/wireless that should be resonably matched.

Why not just try it?

3. Basically, it's all in how you have the pak setup. You might not be able to run a standard 1/4 inch into it, depending on who makes the system, what sytem it is, and how much you know about circuitry/resoldering. I would suggest just ponying up for a new system, like a Sennhieser EW series. BEEFY, to say the least!!:D

Rock on
  4. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    I'm an intern at at&t and i use wireless lav's alot. I knew someone who did something similar only it was for and acoustic/electric guitar. What the result was the signal was really thrown off because the range that is supposed to be handled at. Since most Lav's are wired to be condensed, they sort of "eat" the volume if there is too much to be condensed. Needless to say, it didn't work.
  5. lostcausebass

Oct 29, 2002
    thanks guys...i was hoping in the back of my mind that this wouldnt work so that way i wouldn't feel okay about compromising the sound of my bass. i'll just save up for a little bit. thanks again.