Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless setup: how to do?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lildrgn, Nov 22, 2002.

1. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Hey all,

I have an "entry level" wireless system on the way. I just realized that since I don't have a rack case (the previous owner had it mounted in his rack) I really don't have anywhere to put it. Right now my setup goes like this:

bass->TU-2 tuner->chorus->SABDDI->TE amp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the wireless receiver will need to go between the bass and tuner. So, apparently it will have to go on the floor with my pedals. Kind of low rent, but I have no other solutions. Anyone do this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Use the cable that you are now using to plug in your bass to run from the tuner (floor) to the wireless that you can sit on top of your amp.

Careful to make sure it won't rattle off.

3. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I'm a little thick headed today, sorry.

So like this:

bass->wireless (long cord to)->tuner->chorus->sabddi->amp

Right? :confused:

4. That's about it. I found (before I went to a rack system) that velcro helped. Put some on the top of your amp (if it isn't carpeted) and some on the bottom of your receiver. Then you don't have to worry about it taking a header off your amp.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yup, that self-ashesive velcro stuff is great.
    I used it to put 2 rack FX units and a Nady receiver on top of my rack, and it still wouldn't fall off when I turned it over.

6. *folds arms, nods with a blink*

Goodbye... off to misc.

:D:D

Merls