Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wireless system? Pros, cons, suggestions.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gandolf Bassist, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Hello everyone, I'm looking at getting a wireless system, so no more cords!:D Does anybody have any suggestions or what they think is ba about them or good? Thanx, and I hope you ALL answer.

2. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    pro's: no chords to step on, trip over, or hinder your movement on stage

con: signal interference in the less expensive ones.

3. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Cassanova is right, if you buy a good wireless, you will be fine...I have not had any problems with my Shure, it was expensive, but definitely worth the $$!!!

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    1. Do a search.

2. UHF, dual diversity, and make SHURE the frequency range goes down to 20 hz. Not many units do this. Shure makes some that are good, even in the releatively cheap $350 range.

5. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Mine unfortunately DOESN'T go down to 20 HZ, its quite strange, but it just sounds so much better than a cord, I have no idea why...

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    phog ~

Well, if you're playing a 4-string, it really only needs to go down to 40 hz, 30 hz for 5-string. I just like a little factor of safety.

7. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Well, I am not sure what it goes down to, I just know it sounds good!!! :)

8. Where does it connect to on your bass? It comes out of the 1/4 jack then what? Is it just a little box with an antenna like in that one ad with the people from Savage Garden? And also, is it only a 1/2 rackspace?

9. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    It comes out the back of the unit, which is 1/2 of a rack space, and plugs into the input jack on the front of the head. I'm not sure if its the same one Savage Garden uses, they have a few half rack wireless sytems, I think.