Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wireless system suggestions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Mar 27, 2001.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I am looking for suggestions or opinions about what a good wireless system would be for a 5 stringer like myself. I am using an Audio Technica 1400 series right now, but it is really not translating the low stuff. I should not be suprised by that, since the freq. response is only down to 100hz, but I got a hell of a deal on it, so I had to move. So, any suggestions on a new unit would be appreciated. Money is not much of an object, so let me know the good stuff. Thanks!

2. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I use an A-T too and like it. I forgot which model but its a $400 UHF version which gets all the lows out fine.

I've read here that a system called X-Wire is excellent but expensive.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You could do a search on this for more detail, but check the specs before you buy. If it doesn't go down to at least 30 hz, you're wasting your money. The Shure UT (or Access UHF at GC) goes down to 20 hz and can be obtained for under $400. Not very many units in this price range go down that low.