1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wireless system

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tommus, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Hello TalkBass,

I'm thinking about buying a wireless system for my bass.
    After looking up some of the models and drowning in options I realized my experience in this area of
    (bass)guitar falls short to make a good choice.

So my question to you:
    What are the things I need to look for and what do I need to avoid?

Thanks for your time

PS:
    Feel free to comment on my English, I'm still learning.

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I've had 4 over the years and my current one, a Line 6, is by far the best. :)

3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    A model number may help those of us who are interested look up the options.

4. I use a Line 6 g50. before that was the X2, which was bought by Line 6 wirelesses. At the time it was the only and best option.

Now you have Shure and Audio Technica digitals that are direct competition to the G50. They have their pros and cons. After looking at them I think I'd still get the G50.

My main beef with the Shure is that special battery. It's a cool idea, but unnecessary. I prefer good old fashion, available everywhere Energizer rechargeable.

5. Line 6 has 3 instrument versions. G30, G50 and G90. most people prefer the 50, but I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to swing by the Line 6 website without being told.

6. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I use the Line 60 G30, and I also use the Audio Technica. We have five different instruments on wireless, so we need there not to be crosstalk. Two of my basses have transmitters on the same frequency, and they can't both be on at the same time. I use the Audio Technica for those. The Line 60 is on my acoustic 12-string, and our lead player also uses the Line 60, so we have to be sure to use different channels.

I was getting some interference when the acoustic was also on Audio Technica, due to the fact that my wife's bass is also on Audio Technica, and I think we were crowding frequencies a bit.

Now everything works great.

7. I have the Line 6 G30, been using it for a while. No problems, sounds great.

I couldn't imagine going back to cables.

John

8. I've been using the G90 for the last year and it's performed great! No interference, and the channel switching is a breeze! The g30 just has less channels but works just as well!